- Age: 49
- Years Surfing: 36
- Years Coaching: 25
- Most Likely to Say: How you doing?
- Nick Names: Rubber Man, Surf Guru
Originally from South Africa, but now a British citizen our Elite Coach Mike is one of the most experienced surfers and coaches in Newquay, if not the whole of the UK. As well as surfing for fun, he has made a living surfing professionally all over the world and has competed in many WQS events over the years.
After surfing and coaching around the world and in Europe, Mike moved to the UK in 2001 and became Head Coach of the Escape Surf School. We are one of the only schools in the area to boast a professional surfer as an active head coach. Mikes passion for surfing and sharing his knowledge is infectious and second to none and the reason he is known as our own "Surf Guru"
- UK Top 10 Pro surfer 2007 & 2008
- BSA level 4 Coach / ISA level 2 Coach
- 2015 British Masters Surf Champion
- 2016 English Masters Surf Champion
- Head Coach – British Junior Surf Team 2008 - 2010
- South African Senior Champ
- Pro Tour WQS and EPSA tour 1990-2002
- O'Neill European Pro Team Rider - Holland and Germany 2001-2003
- White Air Isle of White 2004 Men’s Open 1st
- 3 x winner Elusive Welsh Open
You can keep in touch with Mike via his Twitter page