Enhanced Surf Performance Weekend
A weekend of Technical Surf Coaching, with Video Analysis, Surf Specific Training and Yoga
When: February 8th & 9th 2020
Cost: £180 per person
This weekend is aimed at those intermediate surfers, who although are able to paddle, pop-up and turn, but require further development of existing skills, to improve their surfing performance. We will break down surfing into specific skill sets and development areas, which can be built on top of each other, accelerating progress and building confidence.
- 3 x technical surf coaching sessions. These sessions will be filmed from the water and from the shore
- Detailed analysis of the video footage, between the surf sessions, with specific feedback regarding areas of improvements, which will be actioned upon within the technical coaching sessions, then reviewed and improved within the 2nd and 3rd sessions.
- Functional training sessions, focused on agility, balance, flexibility and posture
- Surf specific Yoga & stretch session
- Lifestyle and nutritional advice
- 2 x Nutritionally balanced lunches
- Booklets and information, covering all the areas of focus, including surfing technique, training programs, fitness regimes, nutrition and warm-ups
What you will achieve:
- You’ll improve your surfing hugely throughout the weekend. The advantage of video analysis will allow you to understand what’s working for you and where you can improve. During and after the video analysis sessions, you will put this guidance into action
- After the weekend, you will armed with the skills and building blocks, to improve specific development areas in your surfing. As well as using these skills during your own surfing sessions, you will also be able to use this, in areas outside of surfing, such as gym and exercise regimes, yoga, lifestyle & nutrition.
- You’ll receive a take home information, covering surfing skills and training, fitness & nutrition
Why Escape Surf School?
The weekend will be led by Senior Coach Reubin Pearce, ISA level 2 surf coach and Head Coach / Owner Mike Young, ISA level 2 & BSA level 4 surf coach.
Mike has surfed professionally for 30 years and has 20 years coaching experience. He has coached the British team, and some of the UK’s most successful surfers.
Reubin Pearce, has also surfed professionally for many years, in the UK, but also in Europe and around the world. He has a has a wealth of coaching experience and a real flair for imparting his vast knowledge of surfing and surfing fitness to our customers.
For more details of the team, see our team page
We hold a wide range of surf boards, including soft boards, hardboards, epoxy, fibreglass, in a variety of lengths and volume, and working with your specific areas of improvement, we’ll select the equipment that’s going to work for you. You will obviously have the ability to try a variety of boards throughout the weekend
We have fantastic facilities including hot showers, changing rooms, TV area, restaurant & bar, and a central location in Newquay overlooking Towan Beach
Broad Itinerary (subject to change, due to conditions & daylight hours)
- 9am: Meet & Greet / Briefing
- 9.30am Warm Up & Surf specific fitness session
- 11am: Surf session 1
- 12.30pm: Lunch
- 1pm: Video Analysis & Feedback
- 2.30pm: Surf Session 2
- 4pm: Video Analysis & Feedback (includes snacks)
- 5.30pm: Yoga
- 6.30pm End of Day 1
- 10am: Welcome & Briefing
- 10.30am Warm Up
- 11.30am Surf Session 3
- 1pm: Lunch
- 1.15pm: Video Analysis & Feedback
- 2pm: Debrief & Q&A
- 2.30pm Farewell
To ensure all participants gain the most out of this weekend, all surfers must be able to paddle onto unbroken waves unaided and consistently stand, traverse the wave and perform turns.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Space is limited, so bookings must be made in advance, with a 30% deposit. Full payment must be made 3 weeks prior to the weekend date
- Cancellations 3 weeks or more to weekend will be accepted although the 30% deposit will be retained.
- Cancellations, less than 3 weeks to the weekend cannot be accepted
- We require a minimum of 6 people to run this course. If the course is cancelled due to minimum numbers not achieved, all deposits will be refunded
- The exact itinerary is subject to change
- Price includes all equipment, although you are welcome to bring your own.